How Basement Waterproofing Can Save You Big Bucks
With prices of, well, everything soaring by the day, homeowners look for little loopholes to get out of spending too much money on renovations and regular home maintenance. Since savings have become a hard thing to come by, you want to find extra dollars everywhere you can. Sometimes you will save a little by skipping on tiny expenditures but in the future you will pay heavily for it, in terms of money, time and energy.
Here is what you need to understand. Basement waterproofing is essential, so don’t think of it as a luxury you can do without. Although right now the numbers you are mentally crunching might be giving you goose bumps, in the long run it will actually help you save some big bucks. That got your attention, didn’t it? Plus it is a great way to protect your biggest financial investment (your home).
Here’s how you can save money with basement waterproofing:
- Waterproofing your basement will seal off the foundation and keep it protected from the outside environment. As a result, less heat will escape in the winters and less heat will enter your home in the summers. In the long run, expect to see a quantifiable reduction in your heating and cooling bills.
- If your basement is moist, this creates the ideal conditions for toxic mold to grow. Toxic mold endangers the well-being of your family by essentially polluting the air in the house. You can save money in the long-term by avoiding the need for doctors’ visits and pricey allergy medications, not to mention money you would have lost due to staying home sick.
- A flooded basement can be quite expensive to remediate. From replacing carpet and furniture to dealing with the emotional stress of losing your belongings, the entire process is quite unpleasant. Basement waterproofing saves you this financial and emotional toll.
- You can actually get discounts and lower rates on your home insurance homeowner’s policy by having a home that is as disaster-proof as possible.
- Did you know that basement waterproofing boosts the resale value of your home? You can understand why. If you were in the market to buy a new home, would you rather choose the home with a dry and safe basement (transferrable warranty included), or a home with a damp, musty, moldy basement? The choice is clear.
- A nice, dry basement can be turned into a lounge, bedroom or games room. A huge space can be put to good use and increase the value of your home.
Don’t wait any longer, invest is basement waterproofing today and increase the value of your home. Contact The Crack Doctor to learn more – our team of basement waterproofing specialists provides expert service in Toronto, Ottawa, and throughout Ontario.